Monday, February 9, 2009

A hellish bar poker experience last night

Last night a redonkuous bar league poker session had the chance to put me on life tilt so hard. During the color-up break my table asked me why I seemed so upset.

Heres a possible few reasons:

-A know-it-all with a Discman, who played too many hands, played fairly poorly, but caught enough luck to have his chip stack go way up and way down. (he busted me calling my all-in with KQoff btw: nevermind that it was the only hand at the table anyone raised above 3x the BB, and was the ONLY hand I played when I wasn't in the blinds...it doesn't bother me that much though I had 7.2 blinds and saw Jc10c, which was the best I had seen all night).

-A jabbery yahoo next to me, who was loud, but not ever funny. He hit a three outer on the river to triple up, and celebrated like an idiot. He got a beer spilled on his lap, and I couldn't even enjoy that, because he slowed up a game that was already moving at the rate that my hair grows.

-A rotating average of four players at the table that needed EVERY step and rule explained to them more than once. I say rotating b/c when one player would get knocked out they would be replaced by an alternate who turned out to be even more hopeless. The cherry of this group was the old guy that looked like Dennis Phillips who won the main pot on my bustout hand with Q-efffing-3 offsuit. He said a variation of the words; "I don't know how to play, I've never played here before, I just love this game" about 10 times in the space of about 8 minutes

-My only hand I played and won was a 8d6d from the big blind. Four way limped at 100-200. Flop is Qs-8c-6c-3h. Yep you read that right FOUR FUCKING CARDS. We sussed out that the 3h was the next burn card. I bet 300 into a 400 pot and got one quick call. The 10c peels off completing the flush draw, I check, villian bets 100, I call. The river is the 10s (which means I probably just got counterfeited, and can't call any bet). It goes check, check, and villain shows K-J for a missed OESD, and I take the pot. I'm more upset b/c I should have been bluffed off that pot.

-Alan nearly solidified my resolve to not help him out, by underlining his utter inability to run a tournament. You with think with 50 some odd people he would have a better plan, or pay closer attention, but no, I saw him chatting and carrying on a bunch. (To be fair, it could have been much worse I could just fry an egg on my steaming forehead, but his no-how as a tournament director is seriously limited).


OK...deep breath...rant complete.

I feel much better.

3 comments:

Nintendonkey said...

Flop is Qs-8c-6c-3h. Yep you read that right FOUR FUCKING CARDS.

haha awesome

it was def. the biggest donkeyfest easily since i moved down here two years ago.

dm03514 said...

was that the final tourney? for the tV?

mercutio18 said...

nah not the final table...just your run-of-the-mill Sunday night at Applebees. I read on fb that they had 63 people sign up.

I think Alan burned all of the money he earned that night calling every person in his cellphone trying to get them to show up.